Our brand new Ontario Springhill Suites is seeking an outgoing, performance-driven, Director of Sales! We are looking for someone that is great at building relationships, has knowledge of hotel sales, and has a passion for crushing goals and exceeding expectations! If this sounds like the right fit for you, apply today to join our growing team! The Ontario Springhill Suites is set to open Summer 2018!
Plans and administers sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage by performing the following duties
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and maintains marketing plan and sales budget with the General Manager
- Provides sales training to staff of hotel as applicable
- Analyzes Revenue Management strategy using such tools as Star Reports, demand analysis and applicable front office systems
- Schedules sales appointments
- Conducts a required amount of cold calls
- Organizes, maintains, and tracks sales data
- Completes requests of General Manager and other management personnel, as applicable
- Performs functions of General Manager in General Manager’s absence
- All other duties as assigned
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer need; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Strives to increase productivity
- Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or peers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software and internet
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s License required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Springhill Suites Marriott
The TownePlace Suite’s warm lobby and friendly “hello” signage welcomes guests to the check-in area. Guests and staff interact using a floor-to-ceiling TowneMap® that helps guests settle into the local area by featuring great places to eat, popular night spots, recreation areas, shopping and services, such as dry cleaners and local car wash outlets.
Guests can enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast every morning in the lobby area, as well as 24-hour On Us® coffee service. For those who want a quick snack, guests can also select food and beverage items from the 24-hour In a Pinch® market.
Ideal for travelers who need accommodations for longer stays, this property offers studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, as well as separate living/working and sleeping areas. Guests can work and relax on their terms in brightly colored modern suites that feature full kitchens with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, adjustable work spaces with built-in shelves and lighting, a large flat screen television, as well as luxurious new bedding. Most rooms also feature the Home OfficeTM Suite, designed to provide guests with plenty of storage and flexible space to spread out and make it their own.
Since his first hotel acquisition in 1982, Gary Tharaldson has owned over 350 hotel properties throughout the United States. He has been instrumental in developing prototype properties for the likes of Marriott and Hilton, and has received numerous Developer of the Year awards from the same highly respected franchise companies.
Tharaldson Hospitality Management LLC, operates a portfolio of business class hotels under franchise license agreements with Intercontinental Hotels Group, Marriott International and Hilton. Our goal is to maximize the operational quality and financial performance of our hotels, grow market share and enhance the performance of our hotels through the constant pursuit of superior levels of quality, efficiency and service.
Our people are our strength and we believe in allowing individuals at all levels the freedom to be creative, solve problems and implement their decisions. THM, formed in January 2011, currently provides management services for 32 hotels 14 states, with several more opening in 2017.
– Company Mission Statement –
Tharaldson Hospitality Management’s mission is to operate the most profitable hotels in the world by hiring the brightest people and providing them with the tools and know-how to produce industry-leading bottom lines. We will constantly pursue this mission while never sacrificing the satisfaction of our guests or employees.
Company Website: tharaldsonhm.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)